Can you believe that before me Jay had never had salmon!!! I know right… I was shocked as well. I love introducing him to new foods and he is now a big fan of Salmon. Especially how I make it. 🙂 HONEY GARLIC SALMON! It is so delish! Mouth watering! I just had to share it with all of you too! I promise this recipe will not disappoint!
INGREDIENTS (serving size 2)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- White Rice
- French style cut green beans
Before starting your salmon have your white rice cooking either in your rice cooker or on the stove so its ready once the salmon is done. You can also have your green beans in a bowl ready to be served, I like to add a bit of salt to my green beans for a bit of flavor but totally up to you and what you like!
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
2. In a large skillet over medium to high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking hot, add salmon and season with salt. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add remaining tablespoon of oil.
3. Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
4. Garnish with parsley to serve.
I really hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do and as much as Jay did! It is soooo yummy! If you decide to recreate this recipe don’t forget to tag me!