Can you believe Emrie is already one! Can someone please explain how the hell time is flying this fast?! I decided to put together a much overdue Emrie update since you guys asked for it and obviously so much has changed since we last chatted all things Emrie and her schedule.
So, what is Emrie into, you ask? Here you go, a full break down of what a typical day for her is like.
Emries day starts around 6:30 am – 7:30 am
- She gets a sippy cup/bottle of 6-ounces of whole milk (we weaned her a little over her first birthday and it did take us a couple of weeks of trial and error but as of 2 weeks ago she is officially on just whole milk – if you guys would like a post on weaning let me know!)
- At 8:30 am – 9:00 am she is having breakfast.
- Her breakfasts change by day but an example of one she loves to eat is – 3 small pancakes, cut strawberries or grapes, and organic apple wood sausage links. (I think I mentioned before on here or IG that she isn’t a fan of eggs anymore but I still offer it to her and we are still working on it.) She also loves peanut butter toast, avocado, green smoothies and oatmeal. With every meal she has water.
- During this time, I let her eat while watching Sesame street which is her FAVORITE show or coco melon which she has newly discovered and likes as well. We also use this time to facetime her grandma and they have their morning talk.
- Around 10:00 am she will have another 6-ounce sippy cup/bottle of whole milk and by 10:30 am – 11:00 am she will be down for her morning nap. This nap usually last about 30 minutes to an hour.
- By 11:30 am she is usually awake or waking up. I will start to get her ready for her day. She will have small snack. Either cut up fruits, granola bar, yogurt, crackers, gold fish, etc. and we will listen to her FAVORITE song “Into the Unknown” while we sing along. (she LOVES singing) This will keep her busy while I change her clothes and do her hair.
- Usually around 12:30 pm we are reading a couple of books together and doing an activity. Right now she is really into reading and drawing. After this she will have free play and her favorite spot right now is her little kitchen.
- At 1:30 pm she is having lunch.
- Her lunches also change by day. Usually she is having leftovers from the night before. If not left overs she will have a deconstructed sandwich. Which looks like, turkey, cheese, avocado toast, strawberries and a yogurt. Some days she will also have chicken nuggets, fish sticks, veggies, mac and cheese. It just varies.
- After lunch she will have free play and at bout 2:30 pm I will put on her favorite movie at the moment which is Frozen 2 give her a 6-ounce sippy cup/bottle of whole milk and she will fall asleep for her second nap of the day by 3:00 pm. This nap is usually always her longest nap. She will sleep for about two hours and by 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm she is waking up.
- Dinner for Emrie is around 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
- She will have whatever I am making for dinner. So that usually looks like chicken, veggies, rice and I will add a fruit for her. Sometimes its soup, pasta, or even take out. It usually just depends what I am making for dinner or what ever it is we are having as take out. This is why baby led weaning was so great for us! She truly eats everything or at least will try it. I have blog post all about that if you don’t know what it is you can head over to that.
- By 6:30 she is having a bath and going down for the night.
Emries day is ending by 7:00 pm we will lay down in the room, relax our bodies, read a book and she knows this is about to be sleep time. She will drink her last 6-ounce sippy cup/bottle of the day and by 7:30 pm she is out for the night until the next morning.
Well, I think that pretty much covers Emrie in a nutshell right now. I could go on and on for days about the random little things that excite her and these are just a couple of the main things we do. This is also a covid version because I try not to take her out unless I really have too. She is at such a fun age and her little personality is blossoming. We get the sweetest little cuddles, kisses, and hugs from her that melt us.
I hope this post was helpful. This is our daily routine right now and im sure as she gets older it will change. I will update you guys as much as I can. If you have any recommendations for fun at-home activities we could work into our routine please share!